Saturday, August 17, 2013

Author Interview with Siren Allen author of Lovers Unchained

banner

Today we have author Siren Allen with us for an interview. I would like to thank Siren for taking hte time to stop by and share with us.

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer; every since I was a little girl. But I also love forensics and decided to go to school to be a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. After I accomplished that dream I decided to work on my writing. Now I’m getting to do both of the things l love.
When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?
I guess I should say when I my first book was published but I would be lying. I have considered myself a writer since high-school. In school I was always writing poetry or stories for my friends to read. Everyone who knew me knew that writing was my passion.
How long did it take to get your first book published?
It took me two years to finally get a contract. I was at work when I got the email from Front Porch Romance and I screamed so loud my co-worker came running in to see if I was okay, lol. I couldn’t wait to get home to tell my hubby about it.
Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?
I work as a Clinical Technician. When you go to the hospital and have lab test done on you…I’m the nerd in the white lab coat and goggles doing your tests. I get to play in stool, urine, semen and any other fluid the body can excrete on a regular basis. Yay me! J
What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
The name of the book is Lovers Unchained. Okay in twenty words or less….Lovers Unchained is a fast paced erotica centered around the imprisonment of a cursed Demon and a sex crazed vampiress.
Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?
Lovers Unchained is published by Torrid Books.
What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I love erotica. In September my book Yours, For Now will be released and in October I have another steamy paranormal coming titled, Her Dream Lover.
What genre would you place your books into?
Erotica.
What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I love reading Erotic stories that push boundaries. I love creating vivid sex scenes that make you tingle as you read them. But I also enjoy sweet contemporaries and Romantic Comedies. I have a Romantic Comedy out now under my pen name of Monica Garry-Allen (Which is my real name – Siren Allen is the alter ego.) The name of my RomCom is The Makeover. Believe me it is a very cute and hilarious read. The Makeover - available now on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIIKP2O
Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?
My Favorite character in Lovers Unchained is Faede. I enjoyed writing her. She’s so unique and I’ve never met another character like her.
How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I always say that I didn’t choose to write, writing chose me. I have such a creative imagination and I refuse to let all my stories go to waste. I need to share them with the world. I’ve been writing since I was a little girl. In highschool I wrote a story about three best friends and their destructive love lives. Of course I wrote it in a table which is now lost to me forever. L
Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?
I have to have absolute silence when I write. Even the birds chirping outside in the mornings distract me. My husband knows not to disturb me while I’m in my zone.
Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
Unfortunately yes. lol
Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I choose a title first but it usually changes by the end of the book.
How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
A lot of my characters have names from friends and family members. Everyone wants their name in my books but nobody wants to be killed off. lol
Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?
I pick the character’s personality and place first. It takes me a while to come up with a name that fits the character. For instance, with Faede, I knew how I wanted her to act and how I wanted her to look but I couldn’t think of a name to fit her. Finally the name Faede came to me and it fit her perfectly. Why? Because Faede can fade…you have to read the book to see what I mean. Lol.
Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
I decide before I start the book but they usually change slightly as the book progresses.
Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")
Nope, I’ve thought about doing that but haven’t done so yet.
Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?
Hardback
What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
A hunger like no other by Kresley Cole. I love her writing style and her characters I have read this book at least twenty times.
Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favorite/worst book to movie transfer?
No I don’t. I love the movie The Host and I love the book The Host, but the movie did disappoint me slightly. I wish I would have watched it before I read the book. Then I wouldn’t have been so upset by the differences.
Your favorite food is?
Pizza
Your favorite singer/group is?
Singer - Beyonce
Your favorite color is?
Brown
Your favorite Author is?
Kresley Cole
 
Oh yes totally agree! Kresley Cole’s the bomb!
Remember to stop by our book spotlight today to learn a bit more about Lovers Unchained.



















































1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for participating in the tour, great post

    ReplyDelete